Precious Blessing Academy
The Elite Academy of Individualized
4823 Bryce Lane Richmond, VA 23224 (804) 232-7180
Our total mission is to nourish and cultivate the intellectual and social skill needs of children by providing the very best academic instruction in a safe, secure and loving environment.
Precious Blessing Academy operates with a traditional and non traditional approach to education. We adhere to the following beliefs about education.
- A student is taught how to have a life committed to God, family and the community to develope a sense of self responsibility and caring.
- The teacher has the authority to administer discipline,according to our PBA correction policy and procedure All coreective procedures are adminsitered in an effort of teaching each child consequences for their negative actions. We teach that it is the responsibility of students to handle their emotions in an appropriate and socially acceptable way.Parents are the key piece of this process and are included in this learning process.
- The teacher is responsible for providing a loving, supportive, structured and challenging atmosphere.
- Homework is assignedeverday except the family's church bible study night. Friday's homework is not assigned. Every Friday is test day.
- The curriculum is paced for the below average, average and above average students. However, we believe it is the teacher's responsibility to teach the student according to his/her abilities and achievement levels.
- Drill work, memorization and computer skills are all a part of a student's academic instructions.
- Reading is taught using phonics,blends and sounding out of words. If a student can sound out a word they can read. Our computerized reading assessment and tutorial programs not only enhance but cause our students to advance in reading and reading comprehension.
- Math is taught in a traditional manner with a modern day twist of computer tutorials. These programs have been proven to advance students in their Math skills from kindergarten to 12th Grade
- All parents MUST BE accessible by phone and/or email throughout the school day.
Copyright 2013 Precious Blessing Academy